After honored graduating in Commerce from the Calcutta University, India, SUDIPTO DAS studied Post-graduate Degree in Photojournalism at the Konrad Adenauer Asian Centre for Journalism in collaboration with World Press Photo at Ateneo de Manila University, Philippines.
Since 2005, he works as a Principal Photojournalist for The Times of India in editorial/ news department, the highest selling news daily in the country. He also worked for Associated Press (AP), European Press Photo Agency (EPA), BBC News online, SPAN and India Today magazine. His works published in CITY magazine-USA, M.I.L.K.-New Zealand, The National-Dubai, Picsean Magazine-USA, The MINI International-Germany etc. Das covered several international and national assignments including elections, strife's, conflicts, important public figure and head of states as well as the story of the common life.
· Over 15 years of experience as a professional photojournalist based in Kolkata.
· Employed for 13+ years with The Times of India, the highest selling news daily in the country. Current designation - PRINCIPAL PHOTOGRAPHER
· Vast experience in photo editing and handing National level photo desk for last 8 years.
· Teaches Documentary and Photojournalism at Ramakrishna Mission Vidyamandira College, Belur Math, India, the biggest photography institute in Eastern India.
· Studied Post-graduate Degree in Photojournalism at the Konrad Adenauer Asian Centre for Journalism in collaboration with World Press Photo (WPP) at Ateneo de Manila University, Philippines.
· Also worked for the Associated Press (AP), European Press Photo Agency (EPA), BBC News online, and Hindustan Times, Sangbad Pratidin, Anandabazar Patrika, SPAN and India Today magazine.
· Works have been published in the CITY magazine (USA), M.I.L.K. (New Zealand), The National (Dubai), Picsean Magazine (USA), The MINI International (Germany).
· Have experience in executing several national and international assignments including elections, strife and conflicts, important public figures and head of states as well as the documentation of daily life and human beings
· Received more than 200 national & international photo awards and numerous photo exhibitions worldwide. (details listed below)
· First prize in WIN Photo Competition, Germany
· Jury Choice award at 8th GRIHA Environmental Photography Competition, India
· 1st place in XXII Taranna Travel Photography Contest, Spain
· Documentary winner, Colorful Guizhou Chinese Original Ecology photo exhibition, China
· 1st place in Prince Naris Day photo contest organized by Silpakorn University, Thailand
· First Prize in Water for Food Institute Photography Contest, USA
· Platinum award winner (Grand prize) of Air France Flying Blue Photo Contest, France.
· Life Press Photo, Gold Medal winner in Art & Entertainment category, Ukraine
· 1st prize in Click Conserve & Care Global Photography Competition by GHF & UNEP, India
· Commonwealth Photography Competition, Asian category award winner.
· Silver prize, The Organization of World Heritage Cities (OWHC), United Nations, Korea
· Silver Medal (FIAP) 7th Int. Photography Contest of Municipality of Buyukcekmece, Turkey
· First place – PicHit Gold Medal Photographer in ‘My World’ Photo Competition, Sweden.
· Grand Prize in Festival photo contest organised by CoinaPhoto,UAE.
· Back to Wall- an environmental photo contest winner organised by CSE, India
· First prize in Moment category at Artisque photo contest by Asian Photography, India
· Nomination Award in The Humanity Photo Awards organised by China Folklore Photographic Association (CFPA) for my photo story titled ‘Ghun-net Fishing Women’
· 1st prize in Prince Naris Day photo contest organized by Silpakorn University, Thailand.
· Special award in Professional category in the 3rd National Photography Award organized by Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India.
· Jury choice Award in The Humanity Photo Awards organised by China Folklore Photographic Association (CFPA) for my photo story titled ‘Chipri’
· Grand prize in ‘Changing Lives’ photo contest organised by United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), Germany
· National award for Excellence in Journalism, organised by Press Council, Govt.of India.
· Grand prize in International organisation of Migration Photo Contest in Nepal.
· Grand winner in United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification (UNCCD) photo contest in Germany.
· Grand prize in Date Palm through the Eyes of the World, UAE
· 2nd prize in Daily Life category at MFI (Media Foundation of India) National Press Photo Contest, a coveted award for Indian photojournalists.
· Grand prize in Royal Photographic Society’s Jubilee Award in collaboration with Royal Commonwealth Society, UK to mark the 60 years reign of Queen Elizabeth II
· GOLD medal in 'Sports for All' photo competition by Royal Photographic Society, UK
· Photographer of the year in 9th European-Arab Festival of Photography, Germany
· 2nd prize in National Press Photo Award Sports category organized by MFI, India
· First prize in IFES photo contest, USA
· Street Photographer of the Year organised by Better Photography & Canon, India
· Photographer of the Year 2011 from 8th European-Arab Festival of Photography, Germany
· Best Feature photographer in Photojournalism Award, India
· Grand prize in CGAP Microfinance photo competition, USA
· First prize in Darwin Wiggett’s LLTL Travel Photography Photo Contest, Canada
· First prize in 2nd Solar Photography Competition, Spain
· First prize in Blue Water photo competition, France
· Grand prize in Emirates Photography Competition, UAE
· NatGeo Moment award People category winner, India
· First prize in Photo Continental Street Life photo contest, Australia
· Environmental Photographer of the Year, organized by CIWEM, UK
· 1st prize in WHO International photo contest, Switzerland;
· First prize in photo essay category in Charnwood Arts, UK;
· Winner in Magic of Science photo competition at KNAW, Netherlands;
· Epoch Times Masterpiece Award, China;
· National Geographic Rising Star award, USA
Exhibitions and other Honors:
· Solo show at 6th DALI Photography Exhibition 2015, China
· Curated Photo Exhibition at PondyART Foundation, India
· Photograph has been kept for permanent display in the Royal Collection at Windsor Castle, UK, to mark the 60-year reign of Queen Elizabeth
· Collective exhibitions held at:
o Smithsonian ‘Castle’ in Washington DC
o 16th China International Photographic Art Exhibition at Zhengzhou, China
o Syngenta’s ‘Scarcity-Waste’ at Somerset House, London
o Maya Art Space, India
o Art Gallery, Silpakorn University, Bangkok
o BINUS International University, Jakarta in Indonesia
o NEMO art museum in Amsterdam
o Mile End Park Arts Pavilion, London
o Loughborough Town Hall, UK
o Chaves Cultural Centre, Portugal
o Altona Town Hall, Hamburg, Germany
o ‘IDENTITY’ art gallery in Singapore
o The Dubai Mall in UAE
o Go Global Expo in Toronto- Montreal –Vancouver in Canada
o Gallery ‘Placa’ in Croatia
o Dawn Breakers International Film Festival in Switzerland
o MINI exhibition at BMW Welt in Munich, Germany
o Nebraska Innovation Campus, Lincoln, NE, USA
o Château de la Messardière, Spain